Monday, August 21, 2006

Inaugural

The time has finally come to put my thoughts in order, and discipline myself to do what I've long meant to do.

If this blog accomplishes what it is meant to, the reader and I will be challenged.

Challenged to look for the sort of Christianity that was considered mainstream not so many generations ago.

Christians, properly prepared, changed nations. They died bravely, prayed passionately, laughed loudly, and loved well. We will seek out the sort of Christianity that emboldened them, that we, too might be remembered as worthy witnesses in our own generation.

We shall drink from scripture, yes, but seek Him also in the lives, and works, of those who've loved Him.

He may be glimpsed wherever Truth, Beauty and Goodness meet.

The great question of 'Why am I here' is no question at all for a Christian.

It is simply: To Glorify God, and to enjoy Him forever.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is interesting reading..and I will continue to read. Tell me your views/thoughts/understanding on how we know that the books of the bible are all supposed to be in the bible and how do we know that there are not any missing or added? Who gathered these chapters/scriptures and made them into a book?

PhileoSophia said...

I am glad you are doing this, too. I know you will continue to challenge me and spur me on to excellence!